Camping at Huntington Beach, South Carolina
The park's campground is located west of the beach, just beyond the dune field that separates the Grand Strand ocean front from the rest of the park. There are 139 campsites that collectively can accommodate tent campers, RV's and everything in between. Hot showers and bathrooms are centrally located and are not far from any individual site.
- 107 sites with electric and water. $23-25 per night
- 24 sites with electric, Sewer and water. $25-28 per night
- 6 Walk in tent sites, central water, no electric. $17-19 per night
These rates do not include tax and transaction fees.
Primitive Group Camping
There is a group camping area that can accommodate up to 200 people. This is in a walk in location and is considered a primitive campsite. There is no water or electric service but there are picnic tables, a fire ring and nearby restrooms (no showers). There are restrictions on who can use the facility and the park will only allow organized groups, which they define as an organization that holds regular meetings and has elected or appointed officials.
The group camping area cannot be reserved, first-come, first-served service only. The minimum fee is $10 - 12 per night, which will cover up to 10 people. The fee increases by %5 - 6.50 for each additional 5 people/
- toll-free 1-866-345-7275 or online
- Reservations must be made for a minimum of two nights.
- Reservations requested less than one (1) day in advance of check-in must be made directly through Huntington State Park 1-843-237-4440
- Check-in 2 p.m.
- Check-out 12 noon
Length of Stay
The maximum length of stay during busy times of the year is 14 nights. Longer stays are allowed during the off season.
Pets are allowed in the campground but they must be controlled by their owners and remain on a leash or other restraint.